5.18.2009

Devotional - James 1:13-14

"When tempted, no one should say, ‘God is tempting me.' For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death."
Lord, I thank you for not tempting me and for always providing a way out when temptation comes. Keep me from my own evil desires and from my self-destructive habits. I have been drug away time and time again to find myself naked and ashamed, sulking in my own sinful waste. I become entice by sinful desires, thus giving birth to sin, which grows like a leech feasting on blood, sucking the very life of which it breeds on. The only result is death. Sin is a lonely and dark road of tyranny. It leads to a dead-end of wrath, leaving no hope and only despair. Lord, regret has consumed my mind and my thoughts are plagued by re-runs of past sins. Cleanse my heart, my eyes, my tongue, and my mind. Give me light, give me breath, and give me life - the eternal and the everlasting. Give me You!

No comments: