4.07.2009

Devotional - Jonah 2:8

"Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs."
Lord, what do my hands clutch that I can't seem to relinquish? Reveal to me the idols that I still put above You. I am sorry for trampling upon grace every time I put something before You. May my spiritual act of worship be to incorporate You into everything I do. Break these hands and let them cling to nothing else, but You. I was engulfed by a sea of darkness, surrounded by the deepness of sin, and wrapped up by every kind of wickedness, but You brought me out of this miry pit to take pleasure in You and have life to the full. Let me sing a song of thanksgiving to this wondrous bloody Charity that I have been given and offer to You the only sacrifice I have - my life.

No comments: